Finding a nurse home option for your parents or grandparents can be a difficult decision. From skilled nursing facilities to elderly homes that allow independent living, finding the right nurse home can help you rest easy when your loved ones need to move out of their own homes. As the population continues to age, the nursing home industry is expected to grow as many from the Baby Boomer generation turn 65. And while the decision to move out of their own home can be a difficult one to make, the process can be easier knowing that you have many options to chose from.
Consider some of these facts and figures about assisted living centers and the other available options for families who are considering a move out of their home:
- The average admissions age for a nursing home is 79, although people of all ages reside in nursing homes.
- Home nursing agencies can provide you ways to make sure that your parents or other loved ones are able to age in place as long as possible.
- Estimates from the year 2000 show that nearly 4.5% of all U.S. citizens 65 and older resided in a nurse home setting.
- Retirement homes offer a variety of options like pools, beauty salons, game rooms, and craft centers.
- In the year 2002, nursing homes started being known under the term care homes.
- Given that only 26% of nursing home facilities consider themselves non-profit organizations, it is important to realize that the vast majority of these locations are for profit ventures.
- Helping your loved ones find the best place to move when they have to leave their own home can be a difficult task, but is well worth the effort.
- The average resident in nursing homez has been admitted for approximately 835 days.
- Provding around the clock care is the definition of what a nursing home is today.
- Long term care facilities are what many people are looking for as their parents reach a point when they can no longer care for themselves.
- Alzheimer’s disease is common reason elders are admitted into a nursing home, which means that many of these residents will require 24 hour supervision.
- Constant care is obviously the most expensive, so it is important to consider the amount of care that your loved one will need when they move into an assisted living location or a skilled care home.
- Estimates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC ) indicate that there are currently 1.5 nursing home residents in America.
If you are looking for THE RIGHT PLACE where your parents or grandparents should move when they need to leave their own home. Considering the levels of care as well as the option of moving from one level to another are options that many people think are very important.