This is the time of the year when high school students across the country are happy with the time that they have spent with skin care specialists. As high school prom season approaches, it should come as no surprise that teenagers want to look their very best for their big night. The fact that they are also at an age where acne can be a problem means that the best solutions are found with regular skin regimes as outlined by a professional skin care specialist.
Although it is not only teenagers who deal with acne and other skin conditions, as proms and graduations approach these are the people who are often the most concerned with how their skin looks. Skin care services as prescribed by skin care specialists, however, can help many teens make sure that they really are looking their best on the nights that they look forward to all year.
Many patients who visit skin doctors find out that purchasing the right kind of cleansers can help them avoid problems with acne. In fact, dermatology specialists often recommend prescription medications and cleansers that provide far better results. In addition to making sure that you are looking your best, annual appointments with skin care specialists can help you avoid the dangers of skin cancer by screening for problems and providing preventative measures. Consider some of these facts and figures about the skin care industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy, as well as the health of clients across the across:
- As the most common skin condition in the U.S., acne affects as many as 50 million Americans every year.
- 20% of Americans will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the age of 70.
- Although 20% to 30% of melanomas are found in existing moles, as many as 70% to 80% of melanomas are found on seemingly healthy skin.
- 2.2% of the American population has psoriasis, making this the most prevalent autoimmune disease in America.
- Americans of all skin types are recommended to use a sunscreen with a broad-spectrum protection of SPF 30 or higher in order to get optimal skin care and protection.
- $180 billion is the predicted value that the global skin care market is expected to reach by the year 2024.
Your skin is often the first thing that people notice when they meet you, so it is important to make sure that you are getting advice that you need to keep your skin looking its best.