This is the time of year when it can seem like you are busy from morning to night planning to make others feel great. It is especially during this time, however, when it is also important to take time to take care of yourself as well. Watch a comedy or one of those sappy holiday movies. Do not watch a sad or scary thriller full of violence and anger. Make sure that your viewing time is an hour of two where you let only the good thoughts in.
None of these tactics are coping skills, they do not cover the problems or disguise them as nothing. What they do accomplish, however, is provide a way to ease our minds. And easing your mind is one of the roots of the best kind of self-care.
Think about the last time you watched a child, or a teen or a spouse, throw a temper tantrum when they are tired and hungry and upset about what someone said to them. Would the best solution be to scold that person for being weak and emotional and undisciplined with their minds? Or would it help if you gave them a hug, told them it was going to be okay, cooked them a delicious meal, and read them their favorite story? Why then do we not realize that we also need the same amount of grace and favor that we provide others?
The way we treat ourselves when we are not our best is an indication of self care. We give ourselves a visual hug by doing what we need to calm down, feel better, and then move on in a less stressed state of mind. We let ourselves rest when our minds, bodies, or both are weary.
Once you have taken the time to care for yourself mind and spirit, it might also be time to make sure that you are looking as good as you feel. If, however, a receding hairline or a thinning head of hair are making you look older than you want, it might be time to consider an option like hair transplant surgery.
Hair Loss Treatments Offer a New Lease on Life to Many People
Whether you are looking for a hair loss specialist Los Angeles or you are searching for an option in the midwest, it is important to make the decision to do what you can to look as good as possible. Today, hair specialists offer a number of services that are increasingly popular. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when finding the right kind of hair loss specialist Los Angeles or any other place that can help people reclaim their confidence:
- Nearly 35 million people in America are enduring some level of hair loss, baldness, or a combination of both. Fortunately, by connecting with a hair loss specialist Los Angeles these men can find the solutions that they are looking for.
- As much as 50% of a man’s head of hair will be gone before it even becomes cosmetically visible.
- Typically, before balding, hair loss, or a combination of the two takes effect, a strand of hair will two to six years, before going into a resting phase for several months, and then falling out.
- The latest research indicates that by the age of 50 as many as 85% of men have significantly thinning hair.
- During a Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant procedure, individual follicular unit grafts, which are hair groupings of one to four hairs as they occur naturally in the scalp, are harvested one at a time using a tiny punch ranging from .7 to 1 millimeter in size.
- An additional benefit is that healing time following an FUE hair transplant is dependent on skin type, but typically grafts work in a matter of days and redness settles in as few as four to five days.
If you are searching for a way to look your best then it might be in your best interest to contact a hair loss specialist Los Angeles or where ever it is that you live. The holidays are still a time of gifting to others, but they are also a time when it is important to consider taking good care of yourself as well.