No matter what kind of pain you’re dealing with, it can be overwhelming. Whether you have back pain, neck pain, or constant aching in your legs or shoulders, if you aren’t focusing on pain management, you are risking your future wellbeing. Thankfully, physical therapy is a viable option for people struggling with all sorts of pain.
Here are some of the main reasons why working alongside a physical therapist is beneficial:
- Prevent surgery — Joint pain specialists and other pain therapists can help you heal in a timely fashion, subsequently avoiding costly and invasive surgery. Even if you will need surgery down the line, the physical therapy can help you prepare for the upcoming surgery. If you go into surgery stronger and in better shape, you’ll have a much easier time receiving — physical therapy can help.
- Stick to the plan — Without a trusted professional to guide you every step of the way, you’ll likely struggle to alleviate any pain you are experiencing. Sadly, only 35% of physical therapy patients fully adhere to their plans of care (according to Pubmed.gov) — so you’re going to have to still put in the work, but consulting with a physical therapy professional is certainly a great place to start.
- Recover from stroke — Strokes can cause all kinds of pain and functionality issues. Physical therapy helps strengthen all the areas of the body that were weakened due to the stroke and physical therapists can help reduce all sorts of stroke-related burdens.
- Better handle heart and lung disease — Physical therapy can also help patients who suffer from major heart conditions. For pulmonary issues, physical therapy can improve quality of life through strengthening, conditioning, and breathing exercises. Also, these exercises can help clear fluid inside the lungs.
- Improve your mobility — The stretching and strengthening benefits of physical therapy exercises can improve virtually every aspect of your life, especially your mobility. If you want to get back to performing various physical activities that you used to enjoy, visit a physical therapy center and take your life back!
If you want to learn more about working with a physical therapist in order to alleviate any severe pain issues, give us a call right away.