First day of summer.
Longest day of the year.
Are you ready?
Summer means that we drag the shorts and the tank tops, the swimsuits and the sandals out of the closet. And let’s face it. Although we can pretend that these long days of summer are supposed to be about relaxing poolside with your girlfriends and your kids, the reality is that the idea of showing more of your body is not all that relaxing. In fact, it can be stressful and uncomfortable.
Are you looking your best this summer? Are you anxious to parade poolside in a new swimsuit, or are you making excuse after excuse about why you cannot meet the gang at the lake, the pool, or the beach? For many, summer is the time of the year when they recommit to looking and feeling their best. And, for some, the only way to feel better about how they look is to make a visit to a cosmetic procedure spa for Botox injections and other hydrafacial procedures.
Consider some of these statistics about how Botox, microneedling, and other procedures are used by millions of America to feel good about their appearance:
- Realizing that you are not looking your best can prompt you to visit a spa and see what treatments they have that might be of interest. From Botox to other methods for reducing wrinkles, a spa visit may be just what you need.
- Estimates indicate that 1 million laser hair removal treatments were performed in the U.S. in 2010.
- According to a 2002 study, there were almost 156 million spa visits in the U.S. in 2001. The majority, 68%, were to day spas.
- Divided into two categories, wrinkles can either be fine surface lines caused by UV light, or deep furrows, caused by muscle contraction.
- Year end 2015, there were 179 million visits to spas in the U.S.
- Finding a spa where you are comfortable and confident is key to asking for and about the services that you desire.
- One single visit to a spa is not typically enough to see results. In fact, the American Academy of Dermatology recommends giving products at least six weeks to work, and sometimes repeat visits are needed. For instance, most laser hair removal patients see permanent hair loss only after an average of three to eight sessions.
- Research from 2015 indicates that nonsurgical skin tightening became the fifth most popular procedure for men.
- Topping the list, laser hair removal is the most popular aesthetic procedure for women under the age of 35.
- Having acne is very common, even as an adult. In fact, nearly 85% of people have or had acne at some point in their lives.
- Estimates indicate that Botox is the number one most popular aesthetic procedure for women over the age of 35.
- Having a spa day scheduled can help you prepare to look your best whether you decide to be poolside or on the beach.
- Estheticians, and other spa professionals, are trained in helping their clients find relieve from conditions like adult acne.
- According to market research, Botox injections accounted for 6.7 million of the 14.2 million of the minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures performed in the year 2015.
- The longest day of summer has arrived. Are you ready?