Better Than The Gym
Getting to the gym can be a difficult. Between work, school, and your personal life, it can be hard to find the time to make a membership worth it. This is why home fitness is quickly rising in popularity. Not only does it allow you to work out on your own time, but it allows you to do so in your pajamas! Now that’s what I call a no judgment zone.
If you are thinking about creating your own home gym, here are a few of the best pieces of fitness equipment that you can start yourself out with.
The Best Home Exercise Equipment
When it comes to picking out gym equipment, here are a few of the essentials.
- Kettlebells These versatile workout tools can be used in a wide range of strength training exercises, from swings to squats you can get a quick upper body workout anytime you want. Another benefit is that they don’t require a ton of space, so if you’re working with a limit, these fit in anywhere.
- Power Cage. When it comes to versatile exercise equipment this ranks up there. Capable of accommodating barbell squats, dead lifts, and bench presses, it’s a must have for those focused on building muscle. If you have the room for this bad boy, it’s definitely worth the investment. Plus, you won’t have to worry about anyone other sweaty bodies using it.
- Power Tower. With a name like that, you know it means business. This piece allows you to complete chin ups and pull ups, along with anything else that you can do while hanging. Slap on some ankle weights for a bit of an extra bit of challenge. This option allows you to work on both arm strength and leg strength.
- Punching Bag. A great way to build strength, and take out your frustration after a long day at the office. (Tape on a picture of your boss’s face for additional motivation!) Kidding aside, a punching bag allows you to build muscle while working on your endurance and speed. It’s a great addition to any home gym, and is well worth the investment.
- Power Reels. The child of dumbbells and resistance bands, these provide additional resistance while in use, forcing you to exert more while lifting. This added tension is key to building strong and lasting muscle. Additionally, these don’t require much space at all, and can even be used while bingeing that new Netflix series.
- Air Rower. This piece of exercise equipment allows you to build muscle in you shoulder, arms, and back, all at the same time. It can be a good warm up for more difficult tasks, or a full blown resistance workout on its own. Definitely worth it if you want to build more upper body definition.
- Push up Stands. Regardless of if we love them or hate them, push ups remain one of the best upper body workouts with or without equipment. These stands can help you achieve more effective push ups and protect your wrists while doing it. They also allow you to better target you core, shoulders, arms, and chest all at once.
- Speed Rope. We all know the video of rocky jumping rope while training for the big fight, with this baby that can be you. These adjustable ropes allow you to control the speed and give you a challenge no matter if your a beginner or an expert. It also offers a great cardio exercise.
Home fitness is rising in popularity and it isn’t hard to see why. Many of these pieces of exercise equipment can fit virtually anywhere, but pack a punch when in use. One idea I enjoy is putting on a TV show and working out with every commercial break. Trust me, you’ll start to feel somewhere around the 3rd car insurance advertisement.