You have always been a mouth breather, and for that reason you never really thought that CPAP machines would be able to provide you the relief that you needed. Once you realized, however, that there was a line of CPAP masks for mouth breathers you decided to investigate.
From the best full face masks available, to many other specialized options, the treatment options for your sleep apnea problems can be both comfortable and convenient. As many as 18 million Americans suffer from sleep apnea. And while there are many who know that they have this dangerous condition, there are still 2% to 4% of Americans who have an undiagnosed case of sleep apnea. This means that approximately one in 50 individuals is undiagnosed and may be putting themselves at unnecessary risk.
Unfortunately, those who suffer from sleep apnea and are not treating it also put themselves at a higher risk for other very serious health conditions. For instance, people who have untreated sleep apnea cases are three times as likely to have heart disease. They are also at four times a greater risk for stroke than those people who do not suffer from sleep apnea.
Consider some of these other statistics about sleep apnea and products like CPAP masks for mouth breathers that can help patients find the relief, and ultimately rest, that they need:
- Patients over the age of 60 are five times more likely to require heated humidification for their CPAP machines.
- A sufferer of obstructive sleep apnea may experience 60 apneas an hour during an average night of rest.
- 38,000 deaths occur on an annual basis that relate to cardiovascular problems that in one way or another are connected to sleep apnea, according to the National Commission on Sleep Disorders Research.
- Men are more than twice as likely as women to suffer from sleep apnea.
- Studies indicate that asthma patients are at an almost 40% greater risk for sleep apnea than patients in the study who did not have asthma.
- Patients should use CPAP at least 70% of the time over a 30 day period for at least four hours every night to get the best results and to increase their chance for receiving continued insurance coverage.
Getting the rest you need is important. It is also important that you rest so that your partner can sleep as well. Instead of spending night after night suffering, maybe it is time for you to get the help that you need. A CPAP machine that is fitted for you can help you rest easier and wake up feeling refreshed and excited to start the day. Whether you are looking for CPAP masks for mouth breathers or another specialized product, you should be able to find the supplies that you need.